Strategy for decarbonising the media business
Although TF1’s carbon footprint is the lowest of the entire Group – it is highly correlated to its purchasing, which represents 95% of its emissions – the broadcaster plays a pivotal role in raising awareness amongst the public about the climate emergency. Climate-related content accounts for a substantial share of its TV and digital programming and it has decided to expand its output in this area around the Ushuaïa brand The theme channel Ushuaïa TV now has 13 million household subscribers in over 30 French-speaking countries.
TF1 group’s actions:
- Expand the eco-design of content and promote responsible purchasing
- Raise public awareness of the climate emergency
- Measure and reduce the carbon footprint of its digital activities
- Commit its advertising ecosystem to more responsible communication
- Roll out less energy-intensive mobility solutions