Education and career
Olivier Bouygues is a graduate of École Nationale Supérieure du Pétrole (ENSPM) and joined the Bouygues group in 1974. He began his career in the Group civil works branch. From 1983 to 1988 at Bouygues Offshore*, he held the posts of director of Boscam, a Cameroon subsidiary, then director of the France Works and Special Projects division. From 1988 to 1992, he was Chairman and CEO of Maison Bouygues. In 1992, he became Group Executive Vice President of Utilities Management, which grouped the international and French activities of Saur**. He has held a seat on the Bouygues Board of Directors since 1984. In 2002, Olivier Bouygues was appointed Deputy CEO of Bouygues.
- First appointment to the Bouygues Board of Directors: 5 June 1984
- Expiry of current term of office: 2022
- Number of shares in the company (at 31/12/2019): 193,021 (79,992,925 via SCDM and SCDM Participations)
Principal position outside Bouygues SA
- CEO of SCDM.
Other positions and functions in the Group
- Director of TF1, Colas, Bouygues Telecom and Bouygues Construction.
- Member of the Board of Bouygues Immobilier.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Bouygues Europe (Belgium).
Other positions and functions outside the Group
- Chairman of SCDM Domaines.
- Director of Alstom and SCDM Energy Limited (United Kingdom).
- Chairman and CEO and director of Seci (Ivory Coast).
* Bouygues’ oil and gas services activity, sold to Saipem in 2002.
** Bouygues’ utilities subsidiary, sold to PAI Partners in 2004.