Alexandre de Rothschild
Education and career
Alexandre de Rothschild is a graduate of École Supérieure du Commerce Extérieur (ESCE). He began his career in 2004 as a financial analyst at Bear Stearns in New York. From 2005 to 2008, he was a manager for the Private Equity department of Argan Capital in London, then Deputy Head of Strategy at Jardine Matheson in Hong Kong. He joined the Rothschild & Co Group in 2008 to set up the Merchant Banking Division. Since 2011, he has been member of the Rothschild & Co Group Executive Committee. In 2013, he was appointed managing partner of Rothschild & Cie Banque (now Rothschild Martin Maurel) and of Rothschild & Cie and is a member of several boards and committees within the Rothschild & Co Group. In 2014, he joined the management board of Rothschild & Co Gestion, on which he became Executive Deputy Chairman in March 2017. He has been Executive Chairman of Rothschild & Co Gestion, managing partner of Rothschild & Co since May 2018.
- First appointment to the Bouygues Board of Directors: 27 April 2017
- Expiry of current term of office: 2023
- Number of shares in the company (at 31/12/2020): 500
Principal position outside Bouygues SA
Executive Chairman of Rothschild & Co Gestion, managing partner of Rothschild & Co.
Other positions and functions outside the Group
- Chairman of K Développement SAS, Rothschild Martin Maurel Associés SAS, SCS Holding SAS, Financière Rabelais SAS, Rothschild & Co Commandité SAS, Aida SAS, Cavour SAS, Verdi SAS and Financière de Tournon SAS.
- Director of Rothschild & Co Concordia SAS.
- Managing partner of RCB Partenaires SNC, Société Civile du Haras de Reux SC and SCI 66 Raspail; general managing partner of Rothschild & Cie SCS and Rothschild Martin Maurel SCS.
- Member of the supervisory board of Martin Maurel SA.
- Standing representative of Rothschild & Co Gestion SAS, managing partner of RMM Gestion SNC.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Rothschild & Co Continuation Holdings AG (Switzerland).
- Member of the Board of Directors of Rothschild & Co Japan Ltd (Japan).